Peer Review Process
Peer-review and Publication process is conducted for evaluating and validating scientific works by at least two reviewers by following the sequence as shown above.
- After paper submission, the editorial team (Associate or Section Editors) will conduct a rapid evaluation to decide whether the paper can be sent to the peer review process or rejected. The rapid evaluation focus on three aspects, which are plagiarism/similarity check using ithenticate/turnitin, the scope of the paper, and general quality of paper writing (typos, coherence, and references). The rapid evaluation process is expected to take up to 3 days. Upon completing the rapid evaluation, the paper will be sent to prospective reviewers. The review assignment process will be done for up to 7 days.
- After agreeing to conduct a peer-review process, the selected reviewers will evaluate the quality of the paper within 17 days. The peer-review aspects are about (1) paper originality, (2) presentation of the paper, and (3) content validity and correctness (abstract, introduction, system model, experiment and analysis, and also conclusion part).
- The editorial team issues the paper’s decision based on the reviewer’s comments and recommendations. There are three decisions sent to the author soon (up to 3 days) after receiving the reviewer’s comments, which are (1) Accept, (2) Revise and Resubmit, and (3) Reject.
- In case of receiving a Reject notification, the author is expected to conduct extensive revision in such a long time for improving the quality of the paper. When receiving the Revise and Resubmit notification, the author is encouraged to submit the revision of the paper based on the reviewer’s comments within 14 days.
- The author may request to extend the time for submitting the revision version by sending an email to the admin of Tektrika or by discussing this issue through Tektrika dashboard.
- The author may also express the disagreement with the peer-review result in the Revise and Resubmit status by explaining the disagreement points in the Tektrika dashboard or sending an email to the corresponding Associate/Section Editors.
- However, if the revised paper is not submitted within the deadline and the editorial team does not receive any notification regarding the submission of the revisions, regrettably the paper will be rejected from the peer-review process. Eventually, upon receiving Accept notification, the editorial team will issue a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) signed by the Chief Editor or Associate/Section Editor.
- The author is still encouraged to conduct a copy-editing and galley proof process within 7 days for improving the presentation of the paper and ensuring the validity of references, affiliations, funding agencies and grant numbers, and also acknowledgments. Failure in conducting the copy-editing and galley-proof process will lead to publishing the currently accepted paper. In addition, the editorial team will not receive any complaint or request to edit and reupload the published paper in the future.
- Eventually, the paper will be published within 30 days after conducting the copy-editing and galley-proof process.